- Vita Kala (PI)
- Nicolas Daans (01–11/2023)
- Stevan Gajović (from 03/2023)
- Daniel Gil Muñoz (08/2021–06/2023)
- Siu Hang “Gordon” Man (from 09/2022)
- Mentzelos Melistas (from 01/2023)
- Błażej Żmija (10/2021–06/2023)
We regularly have funding for hiring new postdocs and PhD students. Interested very strong candidates are welcome to email Vita with informal inquiries. See also this tenure-track position.
In particular, Vita may accept a new Ph.D. student who would start their studies in October 2023 (an earlier start is not possible).
Ph.D. studies at our faculty typically take 4 years; active students receive an adequate stipend (~1000 EUR per month).
Application requirements are
transcripts (from Bachelor’s and Master’s studies), and
1 recommendation letter,
and should be submitted by email to Vita Kala (see Contact info); the recommendation letter must be emailed directly by its author. Informal inquiries concerning the position are also welcome.
Evaluation of applications will start on February 1, 2023 and will continue until the position is filled.
GAČR Junior Star project
Universal quadratic forms: geometry and analysis
from Charles University, 2020–2022
GAČR Junior grant
University research center UNCE
PI Jan Krajíček
Methods of Algebra and Logic
Number Theory Seminar
If you want to give a talk in either of these seminars, please let one of the organizers (eg Vita) know!
We have mailing lists for both seminars with weekly talk announcements – if you want to join them, please also let Vita know.
Past team members
- Matteo Bordignon (01/2022–01/2023)
next job: postdoc at KTH Stockholm
- Giacomo Cherubini (09/2020–10/2022)
next job: permanent position at Sapienza University of Rome
- Alessandro Fazzari (09–12/2021)
next job: postdoc at American Institute of Mathematics
- Tomáš Hejda (01/2017–12/2019)
next job: work for Overleaf
- Eric Nathan Stucky (08/2021–08/2022)
next job: adjunct faculty member at Champlain College
- Tomáš Vávra (01/2017–08/2020)
next job: postdoc at University of Waterloo
- Ezra Waxman (08/2018–07/2019)
next job: postdoc at Dresden University with Minerva Fellowship
- Pavlo Yatsyna (01/2020–07/2022)
next job: postdoc at Aalto University
- Magdaléna Tinková (PhD student, 2017–2021)
next jobs: assistant professor (tenure track) at Czech Technical University in Prague, Faculty of Information Technology, Department of Applied Mathematics; and postdoc at TU Graz funded by Postdoc grant from Czech Science Foundation